FerMonster™ PET Fermenter
Our 2023 models of the 6 and 7 Gallon Fermonsters are now Stronger and Thicker, with 5% thicker walls will provide a better oxygen barrier and overall resistance.
With a wider 4” mouth, there is easier access for cleaning. It is made of heavy P.E.T. plastic.
- Our Carboys do not use any plasticizer and are made with 100% Virgin material. Made with Food grade materials and BPA free.
- Comes with an O-ring and air-tight ONE PIECE lid with a hole that will take our #10 stopper. The lid hole is 4.3 cms (1.7”) in diameter.
- There are no ribs, only smooth sides, so no yeast or sediment will adhere to walls during fermentation.
- Solid lid is available as an option (not included in the product sold as a separate item) so you can customize your lid (drill as many holes as you wish).
- Completely taste and odour-free. It is also stain resistant.
- Impermeable to oxygen.
- 100% made in Canada.
- Comes with 5-Gallon, 6-Gallon and 7-Gallon easy-to-read markings on the side.
- Also they are big enough so you can use them as your Primary Fermenter.
- Our FerMonsters™ are also ideal for making Kombucha as they can withstand Kombucha PH levels concentration.
- Be sure not to add any liquid hotter than 53ºC (127ºF).
- DO NOT steep tea on them if liquid is hotter than those temperatures.
- DO NOT use below Freezing Temperatures, minimum recommended is 35F or 2 Celsius.
- A great addition to your FerMonsters™ are our FerMonster™ Strainers, MonsterMesh and MiniMesh. They will allow you to reduce the head space if required filling it up with glass marbles or any food grade element that you consider appropriate. They will help you infuse your wine/beer and handle all infusions. They fit all of our FerMonsters™.
NOTE:We do not recommend that you drill a hole on the PET Carboys or FerMonsters™, as this must be done with the right equipment and right expertise. Doing this may crack your carboy and become unusable.
NOTE: The FerMonster™ PET Fermenter is hard to carry, we strongly suggest that you purchase our carboy carrier (make sure it fits your specific size of carboy).
Four versions available:
- FerMonster™ 6 Gallon PET Fermenter: Diameter 280 mm (11”), height 490 mm (19.2”) (including lid).
* When filled to the base of the neck it accommodates 23.8 litres (6.3 US gallon)
- FerMonster™ XL 7 Gallon PET Fermenter: Diameter 287 mm ( 11.3”), height 530 mm (20.9”) (including lid).
* When filled to the base of the neck it accommodates 28.0 litres (7.4 US gallon)
* Volume is measured to the base of the neck. With water at sea level and 20 C
- FerMonster™ 1 Gallon PET Fermenter: Diameter 170 mm (6.7”), height 240 mm (9.5”).
*When completely full the 1 Gallon can accommodate up to 4.1 Litre (1.08 US Gallon)
- FerMonster™ 3 Gallon PET Fermenter: Diameter 230 mm (9”), height 372 mm ( 14.6”).
*When completely full the 3 Gallon can accommodate up to 12 litre (3.2 US Gallon)
The following items work with our FerMonsters™ and are a great addition to your portfolio of products:
Suggested list of products for sanitizing
- Iodophor BTF Sanitize
- GA Pro-Zyme
- CGA Super Pro-Zyme
- CGA Bio-Zyme
- Potassium metabisulfite
- Sodium metabisulfite
- One Step No-RinseCleaner Aseptox
NOTE: If using a different sanitizing agent, consult your retailer to be sure that it is recommended for PET. For FerMonsters™
NOTE: This product comes packaged in a plastic bag- it is our hope that you re-use this bag to repackage the product after each use to protect it from dust. It is NOT our intention that they are a single-use bag.