These are the ideal carboys for passionate beer and winemakers.
- Our Carboys do not use any plasticizer and are made with 100% Virgin material. Made with Food grade materials and BPA free.
- Ideal for secondary fermentations of both wine and beer.
- Also perfect for bulk aging wine.
- Completely taste and odour-free. It is also stain resistant.
- There are no ribs on the sides to collect yeast or sediment.
- Therefore it is very easy to clean, inside and out.
- Impermeable to oxygen.
- Safe to reuse over and over, if properly sanitized before and after each use.
- Takes our # 10 stopper.
- All three carboys can stand up to 15 psi of pressure.
- Made in Canada.
- A great addition to your any of our PET carboys is our FerMonster ™ Strainer MiniMesh (sold separately) that will allow you to reduce the head space if required filling it up for example with glass marbles also works great to infuse your wine/beer during long term fermentations.
NOTE:We do not recommend to lift the carboy from the side when it is full. To lift it, place one hand on the bottom and the other on the neck.
NOTE:We do not recommend that you drill a hole on the PET Carboys or FerMonsters™, as this must be done with the right equipment and right expertise. Doing this may crack your carboy and become unusable.
NOTE:Do not clean carboy with water hotter than 53ºC (127ºF).
Carboys are available Plain or Ported in the following sizes:
- 23.3 Lt (6.1 Gallon) * – Diameter 284 mm (11.1”), height 505 mm (19.8”)
- 19.2 Lt (5.1 Gallon) * -Diameter 263 mm (10.3”), height 476 mm (18.7”)
- 12.0 Lt (3.1 Gallon) * - Diameter 230mm (9”) , height 396 mm (15.5”)
* Volume is measured to the base of the neck. With water at sea level and 20 C.
In ported carboys, the hole is 2" high.
The following items that we manufacture work with our PET Carboys
Suggested list of products for sanitizing
- Iodophor BTF Sanitize
- GA Pro-Zyme
- CGA Super Pro-Zyme
- CGA Bio-Zyme
- Potassium metabisulfite
- Sodium metabisulfite
- One Step No-RinseCleaner Aseptox
NOTE: If using a different sanitizing agent, consult your retailer to be sure that it is recommended for PET. For FerMonsters™
NOTE: This product comes packaged in a plastic bag- it is our hope that you re-use this bag to repackage the product after each use to protect it from dust. It is NOT our intention that they are a single-use bag.